Built in 1927-1928, Saint Andrew’s Presbyterian Church was designed by the architectural partnership of William W. Alward and J. Kenneth Gillies. They were noted for their early 20th century commissions in the city of Saint John, including private residences, schools, churches, hospitals and commercial buildings. Saint Andrew’s Church demonstrates the work of this architectural partnership in downtown Fredericton, .
The first Presbyterian church in Fredericton, the “Old Kirk” was dedicated in 1832, on the site of the present Saint Paul’s church.
A detailed history of the congregation was compiled in 2010. Copies may be obtained from the Church.